Top tips to help you be Water Wise in and around your home.
Being careful with how much water you use can help make sure there's enough for everybody. Every drip, drop and splash counts.
- Limit shower time to 4 minutes (try using a timer or playing a 4-minute song - take a look at this Spotify playlist)
- Only use the washing machine and dishwasher when full and on eco mode
- Water your garden for longer but do it less often. This will encourage deeper roots which helps plants become more drought tolerant
- Use mulch on your garden to stop water evaporation by up to 70%
- When washing vegetables, fill the bottom of the sink instead of rinsing them under running water.
- Always follow the Permanent Water Savings Rules
More water wise tips at Smart Water Advice